Votes: 3 25.0%

Votes: 4 33.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now we all begrudge paying our insurance, but it has to be done.. but how do you rate your current insurance provider?

Think price, what's included, what the sign up process was like, if you've had a claim how was it handled.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
adrian flux.very good extremely efficient,knew what the mods were on the phone when i told them,very polite good service but not pushy paperwork all ok,and sent on time-although it did come twice-accepted membership of coupe forum but only down bit i didnt like my former insurer didnt send no claims and they kept pushing me for it-like i said-how can i get it?

much better than priveledge,they were absolute ****e,wouldnt sned no claims proof,couldnt understand what the mods were,wanted big deposit and after a cheap year price practically doubled-flux compared to them is like 9-1

·
Registered
261 Posts
Sky Insurance (9/10)
Just renewed for 2nd year. Competitive prices, very friendly and knowledgable staff. Never had to claim, but all other administration work has been carried out speedily and effeciently.

:)

·
Registered
115 Posts
1 - Esure (Thank God im switching soon)

Lets just say to start with they won't insure you if you change even the badges.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Elephant - 8/10

Competative pricing and really helpful whenever i call. Just renewed and they dropped £80 off the price they originally quoted - i couldnt get anyone to better it!

·
Registered
596 Posts
I'm with Elephant too.
Not the cheapest quote, but their acceptance of subtle mods like badges swung me in their favour....
That and inertia....been with Elephant for 5 years now, so they know my recent driving record and I don't have to repeat it all, every year, at renewal time.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Aviva, 1, only cos thats the lowest.

They don't have fluent speaking call centers. Don't understand the concept of needs. First year prices are excellent, but then after that mine shot up 33%(£200) even though i came into my 4th year no claims. Can't change anything on it without everythin goin (enter proverbial)'s up. Wanted temporary insurance on my dads car for a day. everything seemed fine till i got a letter saying that my policy had been changed to my dads car. phoned them they assured me it was still with the hyundai and to ignore it. got a 2nd letter through after that phone call which still said the same thing, PLUS i apparently have zero no claims(i have 4), my excess was £3, yes THREE pounds(its £350). The CC of my dads car was 197cc, its 1997cc and on top of all of that im still not 100% sure im covered on my Siii. Tried phoning them, first time someone simply hung up, 2nd time the irritating automated woman took 6 goes to understand i wanted to change my car policy then decided to tell me ive got at least a 20min wait. Have never been able to get onto my 'online account' it just doesn't do anythin when you go to log in, i tried forgot password, that also dosen't do anythin, just refreshs a page where they ask for your details. Considering the missus and i spend just short of £1600 a year with them, this is disgusting.

Does anyone know who i can complain to about all this?? bearing in mind i can't actualy get through to anyone at aviva to complain to them, not that they would understand or take any notice whatsoever. Also does anyone know if i can change companies, i can't afford another deposit atm though :-(

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Could try the ombudsman, Though im not sure they will do anything untill the mattar has been raised with Ariva management.

·
Registered
223 Posts
catch 22 then. typical can't complain to the company because anyone i speak to doesn't understand basic english, can't complain to the ombudsman because they want you to go through the company first. Bloody country, stupid laws and glutenous theives protecting the criminal.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I'm with Swintons. They've proven that they have a fantastic sense of humour! Along with the quote(which was laughably cheap compared to the rest) on the 1st of april they sent an email out to everyone who has a policy with them offering "Alien Abduction Insurance". Obviously some policy holders took this too seriously cuz the following day they sent another email explaining it was an april fools.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts