Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

As you probably know since the start of the UKHCC forums I've been constantly updating and adding new features, I hope the process hasn't annoyed anyone too much..

So now I've added another one.. and this one should open doors to some new trader discounts.

Traders can now check your membership to the site, for offer eligability, by searching for your registration number. The aim of this is to enable us to organise better discounts and offers. Please update your profile to include your registration number.

Now I know there are alarm bells going off in some of your heads "What about the car cloning nazis?!?"

Well much the same as numerous other "search by numberplate" databases online (DVLA Tax Check and the AskMid Insurance Database to name a couple) the information returned is not specific enough to be misused, and you must already know the registration number in order to search. It is also not possible to view a users registration no. in their profile (or any other way)

The search will return only the car model (as specified by you) and your membership level (currently everyone is a "Standard Member")

But don't take my word for it, please feel free to try this feature yourself via this link, if you haven't updated your profile please feel free to use the test registration of COUP3.

Please feel free to ask any questions, or comment on this feature here or via pm to me.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Looks good to me LiDL!!!

Is there a specific place/email we can send potential traders to to get more info to make offers etc? Also, is the possibility of further club sponsorship on the table for dealers/traders?

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, I'm putting together an information resource for traders and companies which I'm going to send in a "Pack" to all the traders I can think of, I just wanted to get a system in place to verify membership for insurance companies and such as I've been noticing a number of people on other forums asking "my insurance company wants proof I'm a member of an owners club"

I figured this would be a good way to do it, that way if the traders require a validataion process there's one in place. this opens the potential traders out to non internet based ones, where a coupon code is maybe not relevent.

For now if you know any companys which may be interested in our sponsorship or trade discount system, from the small garage to the multi-national corporation, please feel free to give them the [email protected] address.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.