Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know about any faults with the remote locking on the gen 3?

i have a 2l se on an 05 and the remote locking has just stopped working! i have changed the battery and still doesn't work? does anyone know the re programming procedure or if there is a common fault with these as the original battery was not flat?

any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
is it a black fob with two buttons....eg a scorpion.it might be nacked cos they were seriously crap but press and hold both buttons till green light stays on then point at car and press left one.that resets it

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is black with two buttons, one smaller than the other, the unlock is smaller and above the lock button, but has a red light?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
took the the car to hyundai wednesday and they have reset the alarm and said it needs a new fob for some reason so they have ordered it and it will take five days to arrive! anyway have been using it with no problems until went out and it won't unlock with the fob only the key, which sets the alarm off and now the immobilser won't turn off! does anyone know how to get round this? please help!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
get a new alarm mate....i bought my coupe in the summer a 54 plate 2.0 and it had the scorpion and it was absolutely shocking, it done the same as what you said.
the fob stopped working and i had to unlock with the key and drive home with the alarm going off, which wasnt much appreciated coming off a nightshift..it wasnt the first time it had happened, it happened a few times, i booked it in with the dealer and they just fittied Meta system on there instead. which wasnt bad at all, im hoping if anything is going to break on it that it breaks in the next 2 weeks cus thats when my standard warranty ends!

well good luck getting this sorted mate, just state you know its a common problem and that the majority get upgraded!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for that mate its going in this week so i shall put that to them and see what they have to say! will let you know their response!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
yee thats what i did, i just said ive looked into it and that its a common fault on them, 5 hours later i pick it up and theyve put a new system on there lol

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Quick question with remotes, should I have one for a Gen1? Only got 1 key with car, so had spare made up, but not remote, I have seen people using remotes on gen1s, I'm starting to wonder if the missing key was a remote one.

·
Registered
294 Posts
yeah i think so, my sister has a gen 1 and hers has a remote with a better alarm than on my gen 3! dont know if it was an extra or something but i wouldn't of thought so.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
eggcatcher said:
Quick question with remotes, should I have one for a Gen1? Only got 1 key with car, so had spare made up, but not remote, I have seen people using remotes on gen1s, I'm starting to wonder if the missing key was a remote one.
Is yours the 2.0se? if so then it should 100% have an remote fob. Its the one with the grey and orange buttons you need.

[ebay]280433127197[/ebay]

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
eggcatcher said:
Yep its a 2.o se, how much is a replacement remote?
Well they is one on eBay now for £37 like i said in my previous post. Thats the only one i can find on there mind. Dealer is probs looking at £100 mark.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
liDL said:
lot of money if your alarm system turns out not to work in the first place though mate.
Thats very true. Id get hold of a cheap one i paid £10 for a second hand one of eBay a while back. I would get it check out to see if it actually works first before splashing out any moajor £££ on it

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
JUST REMEMBERED!!!!!!!! I have a spare one in the kitchen draw you can have. It needs a battery and will need programming to your car (dont have a clue on how to do that) also part of the case is cracked where i drilled a new hole to put on my key ring, If you want it PM your address and i'll send it down.

Also i cant guarentee it actually works as i never used it (the circuit board part). I broke my casing so bought a second hand one and changed the cases over. I was sold it as working so it should do.

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Won't hurt to try it, I got 2 non-reomte keys, so may be able to get chip out of 1 of those and replace it, better be nice to the electronics guys at work.

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Got it today, thanks, guess the postman was wondering who mr eggcatcher was though.
Next question how sdo I get the reomte set-up to my car, take it to the dealers?

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
:lol: Yeah wasnt sure what else to put. I think they is a guide on the other site somewhere.

·
Banned
86 Posts
superb... i fixed my alarm and remote central locking my self by reading your comment. i thought that i will need to spend a money on that thing but your comment was helpful... thx a lot

1 - 20 of 20 Posts