Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a mobis high level spoiler, I removed the bolts from my stock spoiler but I cant see where you unplug the spoiler brake light wire, there dosnt seem to be an opening anywhere where I can unplug it. So basically I cant fuuly remove the old spoiler cos I cant see where you disconnect the brake light wire.

Can anybody help me out?

cheers

·
Banned
169 Posts
Yup, and it's surprisingly easy.

You'll need to remove the plastic inside the boot - I think there are a couple of screws and then some clips - just be careful not to snap anything and you'll be fine. You might not even need to remove the whole lot to reach underneath, just make sure you've got someone to hold the spoiler for you so the bolts don't scratch your paintwork.

Once you're in, there's a simple little clip on the wire and the whole thing comes off cleanly.

I was very impressed at the Mobis spoiler, but then I guess that's original parts for you. If needed I could have the stock spoiler back on in minutes, better than the one I bought from PC that had to be glued in place. That one got sent back.

O.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I know its a bit of a thread resurrection but does anyone have a picture of the holes that are left after removing the stock spoiler off a gen 3 coupe?

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
There are four...

·
Registered
341 Posts
Id guessed that :) just after a pic to see the size or if anyone knows the rough size I'll get an assortments of grommets to test how it looks spoilerless

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I can try to get a measurement for you either today or tomorrow. I'd guess it's roughly the size of a pound coin though :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
VoodooRoller said:
I can try to get a measurement for you either today or tomorrow. I'd guess it's roughly the size of a pound coin though :)
That would be great, iv seen pics of coupes with no spoiler and I like the look but I just want to run with grommets in for a short while till I decide to get the boot filled and smoothed.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Just remembered today that I promised you some measurements lol, sorry :(

I'm out there now and you've got one 17mm hole for the brake light wires, two 16mm holes for the back two mounts and two 13mm holes for the front two mounts.

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Cheers man. I took the spoiler off the other day but non of the grommets I had were the right size so I gave the boot lid a polish and re sealed the spoiler as the rubber was a bit crap. I'll have a look for some more grommets now iv got the sizes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts