Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

Having to replace my discs at the weekend following MOT failure. Looking for some advice and hints. I have captive discs and was wondering if I need special tools etc or if it is, in theory, a case of remove the caliper, remove the 4 bolts that go through the front of the disc & hub cover then remove the disc or is it a heck of a lot more work than that... found a how to on-line but it concentrated on the other type of discs and merely mentioned the captive ones and that they are different!

(Wheel bearings seem quiet and there is no movement in the hubs so I'm hoping to avoid replacing them)

thanks in advance for any input. :)

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
(I Think) With the captive rotors the wheel bearing is set in the brake disk and 9/10 times the wheel bearing is damged when changing the disks. Am not 100% sure on that tho.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for the info, gonna get the wheels off and have a look tomorrow. (having just seen the weather forecast for scotland I'm wishing I had bought a garden shed during the summer as I would then have been able to store my junk etc in that and would now be able to actually get my car into my garage instead of working on it out in the rain LOL! :D )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts