Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any1 no of a good way to either completely get rid of or reduce the rust thats around my wheel archers

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
unfortunatley it's one of them jobs that either has to be done right or there's no point doing it at all, I had mine sanded, treated and repainted, only to find it coming back a month later.

to do it properly involves cutting the rusty section out and welding on new arches.. quite costly I'm lead to believe.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
yep dont waste your time sanding and respraying.... i paid £75 to have rust cut out and new stuff welded in on my wheel arch, although it really does depend on the severity of the rust

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
please remember your buying a cheap car that has to have corners cut somewhere.when you see how many rusty gen3's there are now gen 1's were never going to have it easy,and im pretty sure many have already gone to the great breaker in the sky over rust.hyundai seem to use cheap metal-look how thin it is-and hyundai paint is not the best job out there.they really are aimed to last the life of the warranty-anything else is a bonus
the only way-is to cut out and replace.sorry!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts