Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i have been thinking about getting a single wiper conversion but cant find one. does any one no where i can get hold of them?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Well itd certainly be the first ive ever seen on a coupe mate so perhaps it'll have to be a custom jobby. Keep us informed how you get on with it mate

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Yeh to be fair it isnt that bigger job if you know what your doing, Its just going to need some planning id imagine

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
could try find if an existing kit will fit

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what for a similar car? because i think im right in saying that the motors in place already don't move rotate enough for it, could get a motor of a kit then remount it in place to fit the coupe?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Yeah your right the current motor wouldnt work! Ideally you need one that can perform almost if not 180 degrees! Dont know if you could alter the stock motor to give you more movement? Id imagine easier to change the motor? It shouldnt really matter what car the motor comes from as its basically going to be doing the same thing. Just depends how easily you can mount it and what you can do with the wiper arm Thats where the customising is going to come into play! Also the tray at the bottom of the windscreen will need changing/modifying so that'll need to be a custom jobby! Might be worth a few phone calls to a few places. If i remember rightly maxdaccent knows/uses the chaps from pimp my ride uk, if he can put you in touch with them there the guys to speak to surely?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ohh right cool ill ask him cheers, theres a guy down were i live that supplys all the materiels for the custom jobs on pinp my ride so might phone him see what he says too

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
someone i knew used a seat back wiper motor they do "the whole thing" and some others do too but need much bigger arm

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
now lol so that saying because there isnt a kit for the coupe already there i can use the one from the back am i correct? also above u said one from a seat, is this from or back??

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
earth calling phil...........click on the blue link

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
if you click the blue link i posted it will take you to the guys site.........but note expensive phone

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea i clicked the link and saw the fact i have to call him, but researching it further before they dont do a straight kit for it, so do you no if he will find an alternative?? or going on what it says on the page the rear motor from larger cars will fit ( would the coupe class a larger car )

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
any car with a wiper that does a full sweep should do.start studying the car in front

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
this probly gunna make me look stupider lol but car in front???? ( i do panel beating, aint gotta be too inteligent for that lol, just skill ) lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts