Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup ladies and gentleberries, my green gen 1 is going up for sale..

I'm looking at offers around £1750 for it (make an offer we can haggle)..

Gen 1
10 months MOT
133k miles on the clock
Tropical Green

Good Bits:
  • Good runner[/*]
  • Head Turner[/*]
  • Looked after[/*]
  • Unique Looks[/*]

Not So Good Bits
  • slight rusting on the rear arches[/*]
  • Curbing on the alloys[/*]
  • couple of scratches and car park dings, (daily driver)[/*]

Modification List
  • Full Bodykit[/*]
  • Aftermarket alloys[/*]
  • Boot install, Door and A Pillar builds all ready to put speakers in, all power wiring professionally installed[/*]
  • Graphics[/*]
  • CAI[/*]
  • Stainless Steel Back Box[/*]
  • Tinted Windows[/*]
  • Full Undercar Neon kit and front grill illuminates[/*]
  • Under Door Illumination[/*]
  • HID Headlights + spare bulbs[/*]
  • New OEM Mats[/*]
  • Probably more that I've forgot[/*]

You know and love this car

Pictures were taken last weekend at the brum meet.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
i like this car.someone must want this

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cant deny I have driven it to and from work every day for the last 3 years, I've loved every minute of driving it which proves it's not an unpractical show car.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
and you dont even want 15 grand for it

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Sorry for spamming, but as seen as your getting rid, Are the spare headlights and indicators you got for sale? If so how much?

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
to be perfectaly honest I've already asked Tadlock if he wants them, I'll let you know how that goes.

·
Registered
50 Posts
is that a standard engine? and is it manual? remember this car at trax though to buy it i would need to convince my dad he wants to drive to you in the snow

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry I missed this post.

yeah mate the engine is standard apart from the cold air induction kit and it's manual gearbox. it runs and drives really well, I'm only selling as I had a moment of madness and went for the V6.

I'll be honest I'm shifting my current sound system across to my new car and replacing it with slightly cheaper (but far from rubbish) sound system, but the install is still going to be the same (good sound is more install than kit). This is going to take me a little time (couple of weeks) so I'm in no hurry to sell it before that's done (I'll also be dropping the price as at that point as I'll be serious about selling.)

If you're interested make me an offer (I'm not expecting £2500 to be honest but someone may have fell in love with it, I know I did when I bought it.) and I can replace the kit quicker.

·
Registered
50 Posts
im having trouble trying to find some one willing to drive 300miles up for a car, my dad said it the summer yes winter know chance as he doesnt want to risk snow or bad weather stopping us getting back as between us we run a pet shop. steve b is selling his gen2 and he lives 3miles from me and is bringing it to me on saturday to have a look at his car, what worrys me is the ammount of mods on his car will i get insured because its all engine upgrades , if i dont go for this car ill look back into your car, not having a car is starting to kill me

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
heh, steve-b's is surely a nice car (although yes I would have the same worries as you)

I'm sure we could sort something out regarding the distance if steve-b's doesn't work out for you, I'll look into it if the need arises :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
im still paying insurance on my f2evo because it allows me to drive any insured car i checked into it so im allowed to test drive things, so im going to phone them up and ask if they will insure me on it as im not telling them about my little scratch on my car. i perfer your car because im a show car person not a speed obsessed person so engine mods dont bother me at all and i want a car by the 21st march for the fast show at santa pod my normal car club has a stand there last year i had an accent this year i want a coupe there

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah if you're not interested in making a claim and there was no-one else involved it makes sense, to be honest on a gen 1 what you will get back is probably what an at fault claim will add onto your next years premium anyway so it's a false economy.

plus if you cancel your premium and start fresh you loose your years no claims which us young drivers need all we can get

·
Registered
50 Posts
yeah thats why i didnt make the claim even the police told me to make the claim i said no csi was there and everything said i hit the post at 15mph and it caused that much damage something tells me gen1's not that strong cars haha just phoned some insurance companys for the quotes on steve-b car and all of them said they will have to phone me back after checking with underwriters which doesnt sound to promising any recomendations for who else to try?

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
You tried ringing Adrian Flux?

They're usually a good bet for modified cars...

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
f2evoazz said:
yeah thats why i didnt make the claim even the police told me to make the claim i said no csi was there and everything said i hit the post at 15mph and it caused that much damage something tells me gen1's not that strong cars haha just phoned some insurance companys for the quotes on steve-b car and all of them said they will have to phone me back after checking with underwriters which doesnt sound to promising any recomendations for who else to try?
if the police was involved it's on record, you can ring your insurance company and tell them your car was damaged in an accident and you are telling them for "Notification purposes only" you wont loose your no claims and your premiums shouldnt be affected but you'll be staying on the right side of the law

·
Registered
50 Posts
the car still drives my dad drove it 6 miles in that state and the police involved was someone i know he said if i dont make the claim its my loss no one elses and i have a crime number everything has all be checked out so i didnt get caught out anywhere by not claiming or mentioning it

adrian flux always gives me mega expensive quotes even on my standard Hyundai Accent 1.3Si

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.