Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all

What in your opinion is the best spark plug? Is there any point in buying these so called performance spark plugs or are they all the same? I have seen a set for the v6 for 80 quid yes 80 quid!!!

Anyone paid this much?

·
Registered
13,269 Posts
ebay usa buy the ones off there,much cheaper than uk

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
Honestly performance ones aren't realy worth it, gives a slightly bigger spark, meaning a fraction of a BHP, in high tuned race or drag engines then you may see a difference, but for £80 its not worth it. You'll notice a bigger difference taking out and cleaning the ones you already have. If you are going to replace someone like EU will do them cheap.

·
Registered
13,269 Posts
eg avoid "champion"

·
Registered
12 Posts
I put these "iridium" tipped spark plugs in my Lotus Excel last year (at the specified service interval). They cost an arm and a leg but I thought they gave a smoother delivery of power. However, this year, not wanting to spend so much, I reverted to the standard plug. I can't say I've noticed a decrease in performance; any new plug is going to be better than the one that's done 10000 miles or so!

·
Registered
13,269 Posts
yep and you often imagine its doing more than it is

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.