Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Pretty

Votes: 18 78.3%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Personally I dont care what my 0-60 is or what I would beat off the line.. I just want my car to look good.. what about you?

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
this is what i keep telling the penis extension boys-i dont want a v6 with its power i dont really want power i want driveability.so looks are far more important to me

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Now who's making all the polls!?

Haahaha :p

Again there should be a compromise option really, I'm aiming for around 220-230BHP as a final target with plenty of tasteful exterior and interior tweeks ;)

I went for the Looks option here though because if I had to just choose one which was a little more important then it would be looks, as the V6 can hold it's own when needed as-is.

·
Registered
734 Posts
The Coupe isn't a speed machine and can't be made to be one for any sensible amount of money or time, so I've voted pretty. I think pretty includes the sound too... which you've got to love from the V6! :mrgreen: Although I'm not going over the top with mods, I did want to do enough to make her stand out.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
correct whats the point of tuning a car thats crap in the first place.iv spent over 1000 on performance mods and its just not worth it

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Not voting either way, while I'm putting parts in the engine for speed, I'm not going for an all out speed machine, the looks are too important to me too. I'm sure that you could get much quicker by ripping out everything inside and making it much lighter, but you'd look stupid.

·
Banned
169 Posts
I voted for speed, but not because I expect to be racing people and going silly but because neither really suited me.

I believe cars are for driving. I bought the car because it looked really good and had *enough* power, and whilst I still love its looks I'm more about enjoying the car on track days than I am about polishing it every day.

My car's covered in stone chips, scratches and a big ol' patch of primer on the side from when I've never quite got around to fixing a scratch, but I still love the car. It's been lowered and has wider wheels and harder brakes and most of the time looks like complete crap, but you can't see the scratches when you're driving anyway ;)

·
Registered
340 Posts
yea i agree, not over the top mods for me just stand out and make it looks sexy, plus ive the the 1.6 too so not the fastest but shag it! :)

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
berni-mac said:
plus ive the the 1.6 too so not the fastest but shag it! :)
surely theres a law against that? Or at least a different forum where you can release those fantasies? :lol:

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
ashgen1 said:
berni-mac said:
plus ive the the 1.6 too so not the fastest but shag it! :)
surely theres a law against that? Or at least a different forum where you can release those fantasies? :lol:
There was a discussion on this in the offtopic section, but its gone. Basically we'd established most of us love the car more than the missus, and that if you do shag the car its best not to do it after its just been running, as you'd burn you old boy

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Firstly there is plenty speed in the 1.6 u just need to work it a lil more! i went for looks as well cos are plenty fast cars out there, esp for coupe money, but when ur walking outta work at night and u press open on ur key fob do u want da lights to flash on a golf GTi which looks like the GTD, GT Sport, 1.4 with bodykit...... (and have ppl think ur boring!) or on a coupe! looks all the way!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts