Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well up till now I've been able to keep this forum clean from this discussion as it's not really something that's going on over here, but as things are creaping over to here I'm merging all the discussions into this thread to attempt to keep it under control.

Our official stance on the whole rivalry thing is "Its Stupid" we do not have any problems with people being members of any other forum on the internet and if you want to post to an interesting link on another forum please go for it (unless it requires a login to read as that's just annoying).

The only thing we will frown upon is posting our UKHCC Discounts on other sites as we've negotiated these for our members alone.

As for the UKHCS we have not been given an answer to what we are or are not allowed to post regarding this club site, the mods suggest it's fine to mention this club site, however we have noticed more times than not, posts containing reference to this site "vanish" with no explination, much like the one regarding the UKHCC Christmas raffle which will be happening at the Christmas meet in Birmingham.

Please note all the admins and moderators on this site are long time members of the other site and still enjoy using it, please don't let the silly rivalry make you believe you have to choose over one forum or the other, they are generally nice people over there, if you get any problems because you've mentioned this place just blame me and you will be forgiven ;)

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone know what has happened to the "Birmingham Meet just got better part 1" thread on the other forums ??????
The owners of that forum seem to be removing all evidince on there that this place exists and the raffle is ran by the club so it would appear that they have tried to delete that too (even though I specifically asked permission to post it in the first place and the admin that seems to have the biggest problem with this place made it a sticky)

Please feel free to discuss the raffle on the thread about it over here (Link) and you can still discuss the birmingham meet here without the fear of getting your post deleted because you accidently hinted the existance of other forums on the internet ;)

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
WTF is going on with that? We've all said that we don't want any interclub bitching, and we're all mates, and they welcomed you're raffle. Now completely unprovoked Mackers been a complete tool and they don't like us.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Could someone tell me whats goin on?? Why there is something between UKHCC and the UKHCs??? Lots of people belongs to the UKHCC,and lots to the UKHCs and another part of them belongs to both UKHCC and UKHCs. I dont know mayby because Im Polish I cant understand this but for me we all drive HYUNDAI so there should be no problems if someone is from UKHCC or UKHCs. We all should meet at the BRUM and have fun. I dont understand why someone is deleting the others people POST. Just because of the prize draw or because the prize draw came out from UKHCC and not from UKHCs?? No one said that we have to pay for it. If you dont wanna take a part DONT BUY THE TICKETS for the prize draw. The same with the VIP membership from UKHCC. If you buy or not it want make difference. You still be a member.
So I would suggest to forget about all the small bits that can damage the atmosphere at the BRUM.
Dont forget. We ALL DRIVE HYUNDAI!!!!!!! Thats is the important thing!!!!! Not this that one belongs to the UKHCs and the other to UKHCC.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
i think your english is perfect morgan,and you dont have to be english to see the stupidity in whats going on and i think its a real shame whats going on.as far as im concerned-and the same goes for eggcatcher,you,tris,ash,lidl,scout,dodge(who joined today)silverone,albert tatlock and a whole host of big posters from ukhcs there is no problem and im sure many members feel the same.im not sure why there is a problem but there certainly is.people forget this is a car forum.to talk about cars.thats what BOTH forums do.i dont care about internal site politics and neither do many other people.we all have every intention to work together and what should be remembered is its us,the members who make both these sites.xorro put in the hard work,just as lidl is doing now to make these sites a success.the sites will always be bigger than one little row or problem.lets work together to have a good christmas meet

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've moved this discussion to it's own dedicated thread, my 2cents is in the first post

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
do you think if i blame you il be forgiven? lol its the biggest load of tosh going.iv had a link for here and UKHCS on my new tib sig for ages and no-one grumbles or complains

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
What is bugging me is that everytime someone goes on there and says theres no need for the rivalry it gets locked or deleted. Let us have our say over there, and we'd all say the same, we don't want it, everyone will realise a certain senior member overthere has thrown his toys out of his pram for no reason.
I don't want to have to choose between sites, as I'm sure no-one else does.
Maybe the odd friendly competition now and then between us (I'm thinking boat race at brum, maybe mudwrestling), but take the rugby attitude, we spend 80 minutes trying to kill each other, then we go for a beer together, and won't lay a hand on each other again, or slag each other off, until we next play against each other. Theres no need for the poofball us and them attitudes.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I would just like to say that as far as I know nobody has admitted to deleting the "Birmingham Meet just got better part 1" thread and I (as a Mod on the UKHCS) have no problem with you being on the other forum and I dont know were all this has come from and I am getting fed up with the whole thing anyway

I think both side have not helped the situation so think we are both to blame

Talking of deleting posts, What happened to my original post saying "Anyone know what has happened to the "Birmingham Meet just got better part 1" thread on the other forums ??????" as that seems to have dissappered as well :shock: :lol: :lol:

Dupe, I actually joind on the 15 Aug 2009 not the other day :D

·
Banned
169 Posts
I spotted the post on UKHCS the other day and was all ready to reach for the "Rant" button only to find that like any other post where people actually start to voice opinions, it was locked.

What. The. Hell.

Since when did anyone have a problem with people starting car forums?! As far as I knew there was no animosity between the two whatsoever - I met Macker once at a meet and got on really well, seemed like a good level-headed guy who knew a lot more that he let on, but didn't want to be seen as wading into things.

I tend to try and keep an open mind on forums and not flame anyone for anything - if you make people feel uneasy then they'll just not come back. But that post - Jeez. Forcing people to pay? Well, I'm not paying and I'm still here.

At first I was half way between the two forums, I was (and still am) on both and I have no problem with that; however - if I needed to ask a question I'd do it on here. Why? Yes, there would be only two replies but they'd both be accurate and to the point and I wouldn't get four pages of bull**** posts from illiterate idiots saying "shdve bort a gen 1 innit".

All Macker seems to have done is make the entire UKHCS seem bitter and scared which I'm sure they're not as they have no need to be. But when one person - a moderator no less - gets angry in such a way and tries to make themselves a martyr the entire site just ends up looking silly.

Forums - like anything - are about survival of the fittest. If you run a good forum with good people who encourage sensible questions and sensible answers then you'll be all good. If you sit around arguing about pointless rambling ****e then people are going to stop reading.

LiDL/Dup/Everyone - you make sure you keep up the good work.

Rant off.
O.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
This whole thing is just getting stupid...

LiDL's done a great job getting the Club (which was doing nothing for ages) back up and running. Lets not forget, the Club was always there just nothing was being done with it. I now feel this is a place that can drive the reputation of Coupe's forward, whereas the Site is just more of a friendly resource area.

On the point that was made on UKHCS about having to pay to join, id like to point back to the start of LiDL's PM i received on October 27th...

I've been asked by many people since the start of the new forum in July if I could get some form of paid membership up and running, and I've been pondering ever since ways which I could do this and had 2 primary goals when doing it.

Make Paid Membership worthwhile for people who choose to get it
Don't take anything away from regular members who choose not to get it

He's put the effort it to get something up and running that people have asked for, which still leaving the club open to those who don't wish to pay - I myself am more than happy to pay £10 a year, especially when you actually get a few worthwile things for that money...

I use both forums and will continue to do so... Simple as that.

I do feel though that this thread would be more usefull on UKHCS (if allowed), than here. Everyone on here knows what LiDL is doing and what its like over here... But many on UKHCS may be put off joining because of the rant on there the other day and the fact its been made to seem like you can only be a member of one of the other.

End of rant :D

·
Banned
169 Posts
Agreed, it'd be much better over there. But the thread was started, and then locked as ever.

I'd post it over there if I didn't think it'd just get deleted straight away, God forbid someone could actually have a mature argument without all the mods ****ting their pants and locking everyone out ;)

·
Registered
734 Posts
I managed to post on the topic that was started by Macker on UKHCS before it was locked so you can see what I said there.

I think the UKHCS was the first car forums I'd been on which HASN'T got a paid membership option. I've also seen a lot of forums which are 90% closed off to unpaid members. There is so much availble here, even to the non-VIPs, and the VIP is a sensible price! Lidl has been adding so many new features, and fixing little niggles, so it's likely to become a much more popular and easy to use site.

Macker is childish, it's not the first time he's over-reacted at practically nothing and made no sense whatsoever in his admin decisions.

·
Premium Member
5,282 Posts
eggcatcher said:
What is bugging me is that everytime someone goes on there and says theres no need for the rivalry it gets locked .
If this is directed at me for locking Morgans post about why things are so bad, I felt that it would only antagonise the problem not solve it, so I locked it, but left it so it could be read and explained why I did it. I like Dodge and the other mods on UKHCS are pig sick of the firefighting we are doing because of comments being made (by both sides) which seem to be aimed at perpetuating the rivalry. Please Please can we just all be mates. I, like many others am a member of both forums but am thinking of leaving both because of this stupid argument over what? I have no idea. I certainly don't want the Brum meet spoiled for me by any stupid goings on and point scoring. Just like all those coming from a distance this meet will cost me a lot of money and I'm attending to enjoy myself with a group of like minded people and some I call friends.

One thing I will say is this - I have treated every member of the UKHCS with the same respect, when I'm moderating I don't think "he's a member of UKHCC too lets delete it" I judge each post on its merits. As far as I'm concerned I've got better things to do than take out a petty vendetta on anyone or any thing.

I would like to see an end to the squabbles and get on with enjoying our coupes, is that so hard?

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
i think i should comment here as most of the rant was aimed at me and lidl

im not going to say anything bad about macker,due to the fact he was protecting his forum in his way i suppose i may or may not agree with his methods but im not going to be drawn into a war of words with the man.i have nothing against him personally,im not one for making it personal

the problems(for me) over there started with how hig was handled.hig can be a lot of things and im not afraid to say it to his face.faz actually told me hig was ok,i respect fazs judgement so i met hig and he's the nicest lad you could wish to meet.but i was unhappy with how the whole thing was drawn out in public i stepped in in the end and stated my bit and luckily it got sorted anyway thanks to grown up politics.
but it think something lingered on from that,a nasty taste in the mouth.it was glossed over and was fine but i know alot of people came here after that issue alone.
i came here because lidl looks forward all the time and moves on with new ideas.he wont take alot of credit for them but he is the driving force here(me and ash are the devil and angel on his shoulder).and i like the forward outlook

the first allegation was that lidl was taking people away from the site.i hope im not talking out of line here but ash was already unhappy on a few issues and respected andrews ideas.millers a similar story and i came after a good long chat with andrew face to face.lidl didnt poach me i was already a member and i asked for a mod job to make a contribution i wasnt just given it as "incentive".
the next allegation is that i am in on making money from getting people to be v.i.p's.have i EVER said to anyone here "become a v.i.p?" NO
then im accused of being in on a "racket" of making fleeces........
i refuse to comment on this other than i treat the children in the sweatshop reasonably well i think.so i think you can all read that as a no.from the start andrew made it clear mods get no special treatment and we dont.well-lidl is paying for ash's treatment.....but moving on...
as for the bull**** about "not telling other people"-who else has a coach with UKHCS on the front blind........i do as much advertising for both forums-and i dont deny i tell my friends about this place and encourage them to join.because-as dodge(the late joiner lol)and morgan point out-we all own coupes and are all friends.so whats the issue?.

i didnt like the fact stephan was banned for swearing(fair enough he broke the rules)but then i get ranted at with effing and jeffing for asking where lidls pics had gone.just after i asked he told me he'd removed them but next time i look theres a big rant at me.
lidl is not fleecing anyone.you dont wanna be a vip dont be.spot on burger for your comment on savings through insurance.andrews running himself ragged getting discounts for EVERYONE.i did at metal monkey.any forum including u.s ones only have to say hyundai coupe forum and they get it.its not a con or a money maker for me.its a discount for all.
i still give just as much time at UKHCS as i do here.this place gets my first look im a mod i have responsibility.but over there is my spiritual home(and andrews and ash's)and gets just as much of our time as it ever did.
thanks to all the people who text and pm'ed me-i couldnt pm back cos someone had blocked my pm....its now unblocked.your support is appreciated!
i want things back to normal asap so we can all get on-i think the movers and shakers from both sites want that-so lets get back to being a complete whole working unit and remember-this forum and UKHCS is for enjoyment,entertainment and education.and most of all
US!

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
ps spot on scouty! nail on head mate-and your not leaving.cos i wont let you :mrgreen:

·
Banned
169 Posts
I tell you what I'd like to see - feel free to shoot me down in flames but here goes anyway.

Too much goes on because of petty rivalry and fallings out behind the scenes - personally I have no idea who most of the people on here are, I have no idea who knows who and who's met who. Therefore it quite frankly pisses me off when some falling out behind the scenes of a forum causes threads to be locked, people's PMs to be blocked, and people to be banned.

On another forum I'm on the Mods do not ban or restrict ANYONE without request from other people. People will disagree, that doesn't mean they deserve to get kicked off. People can be idiots, that doesn't mean they can't join in. Only when someone is *really* being a dick or giving constantly dangerous advice or laying into people personally do people ask for the Mod to kick that person off.

I'd like to see a similar thing here - if people want to rant, let them. You might not like them, but that doesn't mean you should bad-mouth them to the mods to try and give them a bad name. The idiots will make themselves known and, in time, they'll get sorted. That's what I'd like to see - a truly democratic forum where the people decide who gets dealt with how.

Just a thought.
O.

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
untill we get some drama over here I dont know how I'll play it, I know I'm not planning on banning or shutting anyone up.

actually I tell a lie, there was a member in the first couple of days that made a couple of accounts just to post "Hyundai's are ****" and I deleted his accounts and banned him.. but that was a bonefide troll who came on here just to be troll like.

Genuine people who, for whatever reason, are missunderstood or don't "follow the grain" wont be shooshed, banned or whatever.

Topics which are not really welcome, or get out of control will be moved to the off topic section which then are naturally purged once they burn out (30 days inactivity) I believe arguments need to run their course or they will rear their heads over and over again, that said I also believe an argument between two people should not spoil other's enjoyment of the site.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.