Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Renewed my insurance tonight, but realy wanted to rant for 2 reasons,
1) Admiral sent me a renewal quote, was more than I expected, so went on confused.com, lowest price was with Admiral, but for £215 less, despite declaring the new cams and mainfold I'll be fitting soon. eventually they let me have the confused.com price over the phone,
then however rant 2) They checked my details, and as I had backed into by someone else while i wasn't in the car, which was parked up, so it was beyond my control entirely, the price of my insurance went up by £55. All because I'd parked in a car park (who'd have thought I'd do that there) and some bimbo backed into me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hmmm...strikes a chord...a few months ago,a bimbo reversed into my parked car,outside a mates house,when confronted,said it must have been me then put in a claim against me..fortunately i have proof that this was not the case.Insurance co ok with this...then bought coupe and phoned to change car details+change of address...no probs until asked when moved out of old address...4 months ago but been abroad and car garaged...insurance company cancelled my policy as i had not informed them i would be away that long...2 months before policy finished,lost 10 months no claims...but they still took installment from bank after cancelling policy !!! They also now send letters to my mates house as seem to think i live there...solicitor needed i think !!!

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I try to have as fewer dealing with insurance companies as possible to be honest, I don't trust them further than I can throw them, and consequently I try not to put my car anywhere near where it might be damaged. I have insurance only because it's a legality to be honest.

I sympathise with anyone who has issues with them though, they're a real pain to deal with.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Well im with AXA 3rd party fire and theft and i got a quote for a Gen2 2.ltr 2001 6 years ncb , for €394.00 and my wife is free to drive it too,
Quote 2 from 123 same as above but for €301.89,
Only thing is AXA pays out quicker than 123, and a lot less hassal..... :D

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Hah. I'm rolling about £900 per year with 1 years NCB. Comparatively speaking that's not terrible.

But then if you take a look back and think you've effectively dumped a grand down the drain... It's not so good.

·
Premium Member
3,692 Posts
yup fully comp and full licence.
Its because my postcode is shared with europes car crime capitol despite living a very long way away (swansea), so its twice as likely. even though the official police statistics reported my area to be one of the absolute lowest car crime areas of europe.
None of the companies i talk to are interested in taking that into consideration and know they can make 2x what they need to from me.

Oh, and im also 26.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts