Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a gen 3.5 coupe and its a 1.6s i want 2 make it faster, would any of these be a good idea?

performance HT leads?
sinspeed modification piggy back tuning device ( race chip )
a 2ltr throttle body on a 1.6? would that fit?
and also upgrade my spark plugs for better performance ones?

would any of these be a good idea?

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
uprated leads and plugs are always a good idea, and quite cheap from the likes of http://jdrides.com if you take care of the basics, the more adventurous you get with piggyback ecu's and such will go much smoother :)

also a cold air intake will give your engine a more meaty noise, and lowered suspension will get you more in touch with the road, although these dont really add much to bhp they both have a placebo effect and perception of speed is often better than real speed, as when your not up against a clock on a track or drag strip you just want to feel the response when you put your foot down, rather than needing to shave actual miliseconds off your 0-60

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Induction kits will bring little actual power, but willimprove throttle response, and may bring the power down a few hundred revs. Basically although you're only adding around 5bhp, its making what you got more useable, not up at the top of the rev range where its hard to get to.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
read please
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1021
tbh your not gonna get much from a 1.6-its not designed to tune
forget your race chip idea/just forget it.

plugs and leads wont net you any extra power
forget the throttle body it'll also do nothing.

go
#CAI
#exhaust
#header

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
the guide is the best way to go for N/a.read and digest.it gets updated as i find different experiences

·
Registered
11 Posts
dangerdaz2009 said:
i have a gen 3.5 coupe and its a 1.6s i want 2 make it faster, would any of these be a good idea?

performance HT leads?
sinspeed modification piggy back tuning device ( race chip )
a 2ltr throttle body on a 1.6? would that fit?
and also upgrade my spark plugs for better performance ones?

would any of these be a good idea?
try an AIS Chip, cheap and will improve throttle response, and an EcoTek valve, improves performance across the range and flattens out flat spots, put both on my v6, big difference!

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
find it interesting you found improvements from ecotek.i had one and it was rubbish no change at all,and recently they have taken loads of flak for false claims.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
thats what we are here for.hence the terminology
"boring bastard" :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts