Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i wana lower me gen1 coupe but ive only saw kits that lower 40mm, n id like more than that idealy id like coilovers but they are way out me price range, any1 no of any of decent kits or cheap coilovers or do u think 40mm will suffice on standard f2 rims
*deleted your duplicate post mate* :D daz :D

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
thats the best idea.you dont need to waste a fortune on lowering when there are perfectly decent kits about but dont buy kits that are too cheap.

by the way edited your post above please dont type in text speak ash understands but old farts like me dont!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ha ye ok, and are there any kits you recomend? ive seen some on ebay for 83 quid was gona go for them, and is it an easy diy job?

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
tbh some of the others will know better than me.83 sounds cheap but not too cheap.if you've never done before then not really easy and need spring clamps.but if reasonably capable you'll be ok

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
also anothe note to add. You may need to replace the rear drop links. as other users that have done it them selves had to cut the links off as they couldnt undo them for toffee. I think its just the rears that have to be removed to change the springs. Am not 100% sure tho so id wait for full confirmation before taking my advice :lol:

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
could always find a willing garage............

·
Banned
169 Posts
Personally I'd find a garage to do it. Two or three hours labour, they can lift the car right off the floor to get a massive breaker bar to undo your suspension, and they've got quick and easy access to parts (drop links will need replacing as mentioned).

General rule seems to be that if you need to ask if you can do it yourself, you probably need to get a garage to do it for you ;)

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
pretty much so!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Yeah its pretty much a certainty that the rear drop links will need replacing mate. The good news is they are one of few coupe parts that motor factors stock and can be picked up for under £15... If you can get the gmax 40mm kit then i can certainly recommend them as i have used them on my coupe aswell as previous cars. Although Koni and eibach kits are equally as good if not better. It is a reasonably easy job to do assuming you have the correct tools at hand mainly a spring clamp... If you dont fancy doing it yourself expect to be looking at around 3 hours labour plus rear drop links, plus the springs id say somewhere around £200 for the job

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
you reckon its worth me getting these before i undertake the task of lowering me car then, just to be on the safe side

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
why not try doing a walkthrough guide mike may help others!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts