Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my hyundai coupe fx96 sr20det for a while now, until last night some japanese bitch t boned me and i rolled it 4 times into a ditch

she wasnt insured and i dont get any money or replacment car, a nine thousand dollar car all gone.

ill post pics of the incident when the police send me them!

but i will get another one!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thats bloody tragic!!! I just can't get some people who think driving without insurance (or a brain) is acceptable in any way!! As above, glad you are okay and here to tell us about it, and enjoy pimping up your other ride. :cool:

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
oh dear thats a shame.what a cow-its about time the old bill figured out a way of getting rid of uninsured drivers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thatsthe thing in new zealand you dont have to have insurance!

im an english lad so i dont mess about i aint gonna have some beautiful carand not get cover for it.

so the court settlement means she owes me close to ten grand!

·
Registered
25 Posts
ThomasJamesFX96 said:
thatsthe thing in new zealand you dont have to have insurance!

im an english lad so i dont mess about i aint gonna have some beautiful carand not get cover for it.

so the court settlement means she owes me close to ten grand!
DUDE ID BE AROUND HER PLACE LIKE NOW!!I HATE PEOPLE WITH NO INSURANCE CANNOT BELEIVE ITS NOT AGAINST THE LAW IN NZ NOT TO HAVE INSURANCE THATS WRONG!

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
2009s111black said:
DUDE ID BE AROUND HER PLACE LIKE NOW!!I HATE PEOPLE WITH NO INSURANCE CANNOT BELEIVE ITS NOT AGAINST THE LAW IN NZ NOT TO HAVE INSURANCE THATS WRONG!
almost as wrong as typing in capitals ;)

·
Registered
734 Posts
isn't everyone missing something here?... SR20DET? :shock: Can we have some pics of it in one piece please? Speed figures? Costs broken down? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry i havnt been on for ages guys been trying to sort out a new car, last week i ordered a new engine for my rolling body 96fx, its a bit more powerful than the sr20det.

neo rb25det :D (5000 dollars)
**** yeah!

rear wheel conversion coming along woo hoo.

the lady ended up just giving me 10 g's to keep it out of court

me and a few mates are installing the engine and gearbox, got to get the angel grinder on the wheel archers for the 18 inch chromes, and ive got to spend a good week off work installing the audio and wires ( 3 fusion power plant subs with 2 power plant amps, 4 6x9s and some 6.5 inches.

and then the gauges need to bit fitted in and ragh, its so gonna be worth it!

im telling you, you guys should seriously concider coming to nz, cars are cheap as **** (evo 1-7 you can pick up for 5-9k) parts are cheap as ****, jobs pay way too much and the chicks, well, got to say they look alot better than the local slapper down at the pub :p

but either way, two weeks/three car will be finished with engine installed, body kit, fresh paint, sounds and lowered.

I'm also in england for christmas so if any one wants any cheap sounds etc bringing over let me know guys!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Burger28 said:
isn't everyone missing something here?... SR20DET? :shock: Can we have some pics of it in one piece please? Speed figures? Costs broken down? :mrgreen:
0-100ks(60mph)
5.7secs

624bhp at the rear wheels
cant remember how much torque there was.

top speed 155mph
only ever had one problem with the car and that was at the dargavil drags and i just blew some piping on the front mounted intercooler, 20 mins later i ran a 10.4sec.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay 24 hours, alot of red bull some spot lights and a few sessions (ha ha ha)

engine and gear box all installed, (need to get a certification) as needs a bit of ground clearance and maybe a few pipes professionally bent to perfectly fit but it all fits and is all sorted.

this project is going to be ****ing off the hook, my rims arrive in a week, paint job nearly paid for, exhaust system will be all welded up asoon as my mate brings my ****ing welder rback, but ive got a long week of ****ing work to catch up (monday to saturday 9-9) woo hoo!
but its like half 9 at night im ****ing tired, dirty as ****, we need to get a box of piss( new zealand slang for beer, go figure right? cause all the newzealand beer tastes like piss! gimme a carling any day) and i need to prepare for a long as **** week, if i get time i will take pictures of the car (be aware it has no hood, front bumper or windscreen) haha, by the way guys if you ever try to hook up a front mounted intercooler, dont accidentally weld your ****ing wrench to it!

all in all, im pretty eager to fly the car over for my 6 month holiday back to england (it would cost only $1100 apparently) and have a meet up.
so if your keen let me know!

ill keep you posted and photos shortly guys, and after all that, good night!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Fair play on getting a Skyline engine into your coupe

I'd heard rumours of people fitting SR20det Silvia engines in oupes before, but I never thought anyone would have the balls to go through with it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts