Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I have 4 brand new tyres that I am not need spare wheel anymore and went to fit some doors to my bosses new house.work there all day and finish by 7 pm. Then realise I have flat tyre at the rear.! Went to nearest petrol station to put some air in it so it can take me to home! What happened ? Stupid air valve snapped so couldn't put any air top of that lost all air so tyre completely flat ! Couldn't move because my alloy and tyre!
Call the Aa because I have full cover with them. They said they can help if I have spare tyre in the car which I haven't ; then they said they can still help but it will cost me £95 to take me home just for 10 miles ! Couldn't afford it so call my dad he bring one of my old siii wheel took me two hours to come home so end of this experience I learned my lesson first thing I'll put my spare wheel in the car :) thanks for reading :oops:

·
Premium Member
7,310 Posts
I believe you can get away with it with the AA if you say you're car came with tyre weld and since you have a snapped valve you can't use it... not always, but worth a try (depends who you're guy is at the time) obviously not going to help you on this occasion, but glad you're home safe mate.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I've had two flats so far on the coupe; one a midweek evening at home and one in London at the weekend. Both times the spare wheel has been a godsend!

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
if you had full cover , would they not pick your car up and take it home for you ?? i dont understand the 95pound charge , you need to check your AA policy mate ,

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
As Ken said check your policy to see if you have home recovery. Always the way though that you need the spare when its tucked up safe and sound at home. Glad you managed to get home mate

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Basically I have current account with Halifax .And they work with Halifax so I am covered via Halifax. The reason they want to charge because I haven't got spare wheel on it and apparently it's avoid the policy according to their conversation ! Well took the wheel with me to wj king garage the place I work and they are charging £13 to repair and fitting :)

·
Premium Member
7,310 Posts
arsenal71 said:
if you had full cover , would they not pick your car up and take it home for you ?? i dont understand the 95pound charge , you need to check your AA policy mate ,
If you remove the spare they consider it to be your fault you're in a mess.. Gotta love samllprint.

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LiDL said:
arsenal71 said:
If you remove the spare they consider it to be your fault you're in a mess.. Gotta love samllprint.
I second that :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts