Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont know if this post has been done, but what cars have you owned before your current car? If you have pics y not post them up: here is mine, from the age of 17, im now 24, no finance on any cars, paid cash (some are heaps, but i was in uni haha):

Clio 1.9rt Diesel - no pic on pc : (

then

then this as rover broke

then

then

then

then

then

now

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
nosey git :D
iv had 4 ford fiestas in various guises,an MG maestro,rover 216 vitesse,a hyundai lantra mk1,2 ford capris(both last ones mkIII)and a gen1 now a gen3

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Ive had a 2 corsa b's, a saxo vts, an mgzr 1.8 160bhp version and my gen1 and early next year ill be looking at getting a mk4 golf

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
why does everyone always think the 2.0 is slow-mines fast has cheaper tax :p and has better residuals plus servicing cheaper than v6! and its faster than the capri's i had,all the fiestas,the mg and possibly the vittesse

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
1st car was a 1.3 mk6 fiesta, brough on finance, and being only 19, I drove it like a twat everywhere, wrecked it, and couldn't afford a car for a year whilst I finished paying for it!
Then got an Almera 1.4, for all of £200, was as bad as you'd expect a £200 car to be,
then on to the Coupe.
And got to agree with Duplemans comments on the V-6, its got more grunt, but also more weight, a half decently tuned 2.0 will keep up with one in a straightline, then out corner them.

·
Registered
734 Posts
And got to agree with Duplemans comments on the V-6, its got more grunt, but also more weight, a half decently tuned 2.0 will keep up with one in a straightline, then out corner them.
2.0 costs more to buy as a car (good old credit crunch :lol: ) then you have to spend additional money tuning it as well. That's your tax difference money spent for the next 20 years, unless the V6 was post May '06. After all that you still won't have the real sound of a V6 and you've probably lost some reliability. Not to mention that your insurance on a MODIFIED 2.0 will probably be higher than a standard V6!

Does the 2.0 SE have the full equipment level of the V6 too?

I didn't even mean the 2.0 Coupe was slow... I meant the Avensis was so it had to go. I enjoyed the Probe, while it lasted, so another V6 was definitely on the cards.

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Better stop now before we turn it into an argument between 2.0 and V6 owners. Suppose we'll have to get oour leader to organise a trackday so we can settle it then.

Back on topic, I also use Donnas Puma Zetec, which I,ll have to admit is a better car for driving around town than my Coupe, doesn't compare to the coupe out on the main roads though.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
i almost forgot to mention i had a bmw 520 too! and a 525(briefly)

2.0 costs more to buy but worth more when selling as more desireable.there isnt alot more on a v6 except traction control,tinted mirror amd electronic climate control.every else more or less the same if you take away 6 speed box.my insurance even with one of the most modified cars on the site is still alot cheaper than a v6.when nic was looking then quoted me 200 quid a year more for v6.thats 400 a year more without thinking of petrol

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
>> Suzuki Swift 1.0 GLS (was only 2 years old at the time for £2k as a first car it was good lol)
>> Citroen C5 2.2 HDi (every weekend I was doing a 500+ mile round trip with 5 people with lots of luggage, it was comfortable as hell and had a mammoth amount of torque! a lot more than the v6 now even lol)
>> MG ZR160 (faster off the line than the V6, really nippy, tried to kill me! lol)
>> Gen3 V6 (easily the best car I've owned ;) )

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Yay, I had a Suzuki Swift 1.3 GLS as my first car :)
Then a 1.6 Hyundai Coupe
and now a 2l Hyundai Coupe

·
Registered
881 Posts
I've had
Pug 206 (still sitting on the driveway)
Honda Integra
Vauxhaul Astra
Mitsibushi Pajero
Ford Puma (still have it)

Now driving a Hyundai Coupe Gen 3