Hyundai Coupe Forum banner

what is it with people washing their cars all the time

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  maxdaccent 
#1 ·
what is it with people washing their cars all the time, cars are for driving not gawping at surely. If it can't be done in less than an hour it doesn't get done, lifes too short :evil:

#2 ·
having seen your unwashed car at several meets i realised you must be struggling to grasp the basics :evil:

#3 ·
I don't see the point of constantly washing the car, lifes too short. It only upsets me seeing all the carpark scars my car attracts so the dirtier the better :p

#7 ·
Burger28 said:
after leaving it for about 2 months... I think she needed a wash last Saturday :lol:
Its not the people that like to keep their car clean I have an issue with, its the ones that clean it at every opportunity and then spend all day doing it I have a problem with. When someone says they spent 4 hours washing the wheels, thats someone with a problem. (Unless its just before a show, then I suppose its nearly acceptable)

#9 ·
4 hours would clean the WHOLE CAR including like treating the leather and cleaning the carpets to get all the poxy grass from the carpet in the boot from my golf bag! haha nahh i think the most i've spent was like 3 hours and i think 40 mins of that was removing all sorts of crap from the boots and back seat! haha

#11 ·
Its not the people that like to keep their car clean I have an issue with, its the ones that clean it at every opportunity and then spend all day doing it I have a problem with. When someone says they spent 4 hours washing the wheels, thats someone with a problem. (Unless its just before a show, then I suppose its nearly acceptable)
Spent about 30mins I guess... was in a rush to get it done then take the headlight unit out to replace a bulb before running out of time to get into town to buy a new one :lol: That acceptable? :p

#13 ·
i spent a whole day when cleaning my car too sometimes its even most of the weekend as i cant stand having a dirty car (i really hate winter) that how day includes me taking the wheels off to clean the whole wheel front and back, clean the bodywork, clay the bodywork, polish the bodywork and then wax the bodywork, sometimes i have enough time in the summer month to detail the engine bay and most of the time i give the interior a quick going over with say a damp cloth on the leather and other the dash etc while then in the hotter day i clean the leather on one day and then you have to leave that then condition it the follwoing day which brings back the new leather smell. Yes im mad i know but its just what i like to do and everybody is different when it come to looking after their own car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.