1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13,356 Posts
knackered motor.................or its full of gunk

·
Banned
169 Posts
I seem to remember on the coupe that the hoses are just push-fit onto the back of the squirters, so remove the hoses and try the squirters - if you get water out then it's just the squirters gummed up.

If nothing comes out then either something further down is gummed up or the motor is knackered - you should be able to hear the motor going then you press the squirter.

The system is pretty logical, shouldn't be too hard to figure out ;)

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Had to replace mine as they'd gunked up, as JRP says though open the bonnet and you'll see the pipes going into the jets, unplug them and try them. If you do remove or replace motors make sure you get them the right way round, as although they look the same one is more powerful than the other, when i first replaced them I couldn't get any jet at the front, and the rear washed the spoiler, so I swapped them.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I know that if you add detergent to the screenwash, to try to cut through the grime, then you get a reaction between the two which forms a soft gooey deposit in your washer bottle.
Try it in an old coffee jar and see, it's a good trick to show why you shouldn't do it in your washer bottle.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
But empty the coffee out first, as its a waste of coffee :D
A word of warning if you do remove the motors, try and bring the rubber bungs out with them, if they slip inside the bottle its a c**t to get them back out again. And they may have perished with age also, it took me 25 mins of trying different things to get it out, in 3 pieces!

·
Registered
84 Posts
got the same problems but no noise at all...so im guessin the pump has completely gone, unless cleaning it out will have an effect which i doubt as it isnt even trying.....anyone know of somewhere i could try n pick a pump up cheap...apart from ebay?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Had to replace both my motors since owning the car! Why not go the whole hog whlist at it? Replace the normal jets with those from a Volvo V40, and replace the standard blades with 'aeroblade' type ones instead. It makes an amazing difference to the whole system ............

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I can vouch for muan on the aero wipers. They are really good compared to standard ones and you can even get them when you do the weekly shop (if you shop in tesco) I still havent got round to buying the v40 jets yet.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Are the V40 ones the ones which fan out rather than just 2 jets?
I've just installed the 3-Jet one from Korean Car styling (meant for a Gen3 so had to drill bonnet holes out bigger) and its amazing how little things make a difference.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.