Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, does anybody else think that the standard headlights are rubbish? i do loads of night driving on the motorway and my eyes feel strained so im looking into buying xenon headlights . Does anybody know where i can get some from for my gen 3 coupe? many thanks for all suggestions.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont really know to be honest lol. i think the whole kit but then i need the transformer and that dont i? is it worth doing because i got some brighter bulbs but didnt make alot of difference.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
All the Hid kits i have seen come with the ballasts. Tho they tend not to come with the relay kit But you dont really need it. Im looking at getting some HIDs as soon as i have some spare £££

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh right ok thanks, so u guys think i should just buy xenon bulbls? how much are angel lights? and are they just halogen?

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Depend if you want to be legal or not, As the Aftermarket HID kits are not legal for our cars. The normal xeon bulbs are tho. I have used Phillips blue vision before which was pretty good.

Heres a link to a page full of Xeon upgrade bulbs. They are in sections. So if your after a bulb that lights up the road more then the top section is what you need. Or if your after a bulb that gives out a blue/white light the second section is what you want.

Am not sure what the bulb type is in the gen3 i think its a H7 but id wait for confirmation before buying any.

AutoBulbs Direct H7 Xeon upgrade bulbs

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh right thanks very much for that, thats really helpful and yeah the bulbs are H7 as i've fitted new standard ones.

·
Registered
596 Posts
:?: I'm going to be ordering Osram Nightbreakers for my Gen 3.

I intend keeping the standard bulbs as spares, but does anyone know if that would be legal?

:?: I know that the existing bulbs are legal, and so are the nightbreakers, but would it be legal to have one of each fitted, as the light from one side of the car would be 90% (if you believe the ads) brighter than the other?

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
No you should be fine. As it is still 12v 55w it is just the beam patern is slightly different which puts more light on the road etc.

·
Registered
32 Posts
im also wanting to upgrade to xenon lights on my gen 3 , i find the standard bulbs are not that great , i put some xenon super bright white bulbs in i bought from halford for 24.99 with free fitting , they are an improvement but i do a lot of night driving to work so i need to upgrade to the hid projector , anybody recomend them ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have just ordered Ring Extreme Blue H1 xenon bulbs and Osram Cool Blue 501 bulbs.
Hoping they will give a nice look.
Was tempted to try Osram Night Breaker bulbs but fancied the Blue tinge.
Found prices at Phoenix autobulbs very agreeable. Not sure how to add link.
Do many of you guys have Blue Street Legal Bulbs?

http://www.phoenixautobulbs.co.uk/

·
Registered
455 Posts
Danny said:
im also wanting to upgrade to xenon lights on my gen 3 , i find the standard bulbs are not that great , i put some xenon super bright white bulbs in i bought from halford for 24.99 with free fitting , they are an improvement but i do a lot of night driving to work so i need to upgrade to the hid projector , anybody recomend them ?
You need to bear in mind that aftermarket HIDs are illegal, unless you want to throw hundreds of pounds at it to conform with legal requirements.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts