Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's mine:

Hyundai Coupe V6 (!) - I WILL get this old thing back on the road and driving well again, despite the tyres and 'repairs!'
- this is my run-around, for shopping and occasional local blasts

Bentley Turbo R - there's just something about it. It's got the class of a classic Rolls and surprising performance

Ferrari 612 Scaglietti - the ultimate sports GT? Would use this for long journeys, driving for fun and any major events I might on the off chance be invited to!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
DB7 - just because they make me smile, always liked the Aston
555 replica Impreza - heyday of rallying in my eyes, and even though they are common and cheap now, the Boxer exhaust note does things to me.
Touareg V10TDI - for pulling the boat, lol

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The old Impreza exhaust note when McRae was in his pomp was a joy to behold - reminiscent of the old Alfa Boxer unit and the 80s Audi 5-pot.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll o my classic car ultimate 3 car garage too:

1 Bugatti Atlantique
2 Ferrari 250 GTO (have you ever heard the engine? - almost as great as the Miura)
3 Lamborghini Miura - it doesn't handle, occasionally explodes, possesses zero visibility and tries to take flight at motorway speeds, but the style is beyond anything ever imbued in a road car before or since. It defines style.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yannixx said:
1) Porsche Carrera GT
2) Nissan GTR
3) Porsche GT3
Space for a GT3 AND Carrera GT in one garage?

Never fancied the McLaren F1? I think if I had the choice of any hypercar, I'd probably go for the F1 due to its stonking performance and small size combined with less intimidating handling than the Carrera GT. I do love 911s though, and 928s, for that matter.

A six-car garage makes it more interesting. My six:

1 Hyundai V6 coupe with Pirelli p-zeros
2 Bentley Turbo R
3 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
4 TVR Griffith 500
5 McLaren F1
6 Gotta have a 911.. maybe the Carrera 4S for all-weather, all-round fun as a driver's car.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mind you, I've never driven a Grif and if I don't like the Hyundai's handling on the edge, it's a fairly safe bet I'll end up flooding the car with urine if I drive a Grif.

·
Registered
364 Posts
There's always space for a Porsche! ^^

I love McLaren but the exterior of a car is one of the most important factors for me, the moment I saw the Carrera GT it was instant love.
That's not something I have with the F1, however if you'd make me choose between the Carrera GT and the MP4-12C I'm not sure what I would pick :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The only car on my list of six I'd describe as 'beautiful' is the TVR. I do think it's a true classic in terms of aesthetics but the badge snobs don't like it because it was designed by a bloke called 'Trev.'

Porsches usually look fairly attractive but for me one of the most beautiful cars of all time is the Ferrari 456GT. I was tempted to pick that ahead of the 612 but in the end went for the better all-round car.

And now... back to more mundane matters, as I seek to negotiate my way to the out of town Indian restaurant using my wobbling nightmare of a Hyundai!

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
mnemonic said:
Someone's been watching the new series of wheeler dealers.

My 3,

classic Shelby Mustang GT350 or a genuine Shelby Cobra 5l (don't want the slower sales gimmick GT500s or 7l Cobra)

TVR cerberra speed 12- TVR owner drove one of the two made, crapped himslef and decided it was safest that the car never saw the road!

Lister Storm- just loved them in GT racing in the late 90s/early 00s, and it's something overlooked and different.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Ahhh - I'm busy when it's on (hydrotherapy night for Vik) have to set the Sky+ and give it a look. Not much I go out my way for on TV these days TBH...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
eggcatcher said:
mnemonic said:
Someone's been watching the new series of wheeler dealers.

My 3,

classic Shelby Mustang GT350 or a genuine Shelby Cobra 5l (don't want the slower sales gimmick GT500s or 7l Cobra)

TVR cerberra speed 12- TVR owner drove one of the two made, crapped himslef and decided it was safest that the car never saw the road!

Lister Storm- just loved them in GT racing in the late 90s/early 00s, and it's something overlooked and different.
The Lister Storm is very overlooked. I've seen one in the flesh in BRG and it was beautiful and classy. Sensational performance too, for the time. Also had that beautiful leather interior, which looked so stark it was almost kit car-ish and yet also had the ambience of a Jaguar. No idea how it handles, mind. Wasn't it based on an XJS?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My top 5 most underrated cars:

1 Lexus LS400 series I and facelift - incredible engineering and build - beyond anything ever undertaken previously. Also lightning quick for a limo.
2 Jag XJR late 90s/early 00s - shame about durability of materials
3 Honda NSX - I want one
4 Saab 900 convertible series I - always wanted one of these too, will get round to getting one!
5 Ferrari 456 GT - why isn't it considered a classic? Probably to my eyes the most beautiful Ferrari of all-time, certainly the most luxurious up to its inception; fast, refined and stunning V12 engine.

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Lister were a racing team running jags a long time ago, got brought into the jag set-up somehow. Then in the 90s, some jag engineers didn't like the decision their superiors were making regarding the xj220, so built the storm using the lister name.

·
Registered
155 Posts
1. Lamborghini Miura - I just love the look of this classic supercar.
2. Alfa 8C Competizione - sex on wheels
3. Mk1 Golf GTI - just because.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts